The Academy is open to talented footballers who have a desire to make it in the professional game. You’ll represent the College on the field and have the chance to also represent Bamber Bridge FC, playing for their youth team in league and cup games throughout the season.
Alongside your football, you will either study a Level 2 Diploma in Skills for Sport & Active Leisure or a Level 3 Diploma & Extended Diploma in Sport which covers the principles of anatomy and physiology in sport, training, sports psychology, talent identification and coaching and much more.
The Programme – Download the Football Academy brochure here.
The Football Academy at Preston’s College is run by our UEFA B qualified, DBS cleared coaches and is well regarded in the local area and football community. This course is ideal for males and females interested in improving their football. As a successful candidate on this course, you will represent the College Football Academy. Successful candidates will play at Bamber Bridge FC, undertake an opportunity to go on a trip for an international tournament and trial for a potential place in the Bamber Bridge first team.
During the course you will study a range of sports units including:
- Anatomy and Physiology in Sport
- Fitness Training and Programming
- Fitness Testing for Sport and Exercise
- Sports Nutrition
- Psychology for Sports Performance
- Technical and Tactical Skills in Sport
- The Athlete’s Lifestyle
- Sports Coaching
- Current Issues in Sport
- Exercise, Health and Lifestyle
- Instructing Physical Activity and Exercise
- Analysis of Sports Performance
- Talent Identification and Development in Sport
- Organising Sports Events
- Sport as a Business
The course includes a mixture of practical, vocational based tasks and activities. You will be assessed through the completion of assignments over the duration of the course.
- Study either a Level 2 Diploma in Skills for Sport & Active Leisure or a Level 3 Diploma & Extended Diploma in Sport
- Gain a range of sports coaching and leadership qualifications
- Train during timetabled slots during each college day
- Receive support from specialist tutors in sports therapy, sports psychology and fitness training
- Enjoy access to state of the art facilities such as our 3G artificial pitch, large sports hall, Cybex fitness suite and sports science lab.
- Play home games at Bamber Bridge FC grounds
- Opportunities to progress from the U18s side into the Bamber Bridge first team
- Play fixtures against other colleges in the ECFA Premier League every Wednesday afternoon
- Compete in the Lancashire Galaxy League
- Play in the FA Youth Cup
- Represent Preston’s College and Bamber Bridge FC in an international tournament
If you’re a talented footballer and want to become part of this journey with us – use the form below to contact us for more information.