What is a Framework?
There are a number of elements to each Apprenticeship and this is called the Framework. This means your staff will get a range of qualifications as they progress through their training and education.
Each framework has three main strands:
– A Competence Based Element
– A Technical Element
– English, maths and ICT (Functional Skills)
The three strands are sometimes accompanied by additional qualifications to give the most relevant skills and knowledge required for the job your employee has.
What is a Standard?
Apprenticeship frameworks are being replaced by Apprenticeship standards that set out what an apprentice will need to do, and the skills they require to carry out their role competently. Developed by employer groups known as trailblazers, the Apprenticeship standards will help to reform and improve the quality of apprenticeships and provide the skills that employers need. All frameworks will be replaced by 2020 with much of this work taking place during 2017/18.
Business Benefits of Apprenticeship Standards
– Designed by employers, for employers (Trailblazers): To ensure they meet the needs of your sector/industry.
– Qualifications across all levels: for the first time, Higher Apprenticeships and Degree Apprenticeships now reach level 7 qualifications (masters level).
– Improving the standard of apprentices: The new standards build on the strengths of the old frameworks with skills, behaviours and qualifications that ensure apprentices are well-rounded and able to perform better in their roles