R. Walker & Sons
Type of Apprenticeship
Responsible To: Office Manager
Relationships Internal: Directors, Office staff, Joiners, Plumbers, Window fitters, apprentices
Relationships External: Visitors, Customers, Architects-Contractors and Suppliers
To provide an administration and reception function including typing, tender administration, filing, dealing with telephone queries and assist in the smooth running of the office.
- Meet and greet visitors at reception in a friendly and professional manner
- To answer telephone and pass enquiries through to the correct person and take messages in the appropriate manner
- Maintain an accurate database of customers contact details
- Ensure all sub-contractor prices are returned within tender time restraints
- Check validity of invoices against PO
- Keep job cost sheets up to date by inputting invoices paired up with delivery notes and stock from the stuff book on job cost spreadsheets
- To carry out filing for the office
- To undertake typing as requested by the management team
- To photocopy/scan documents and drawings as required
- Open post daily and distribute accordingly making special note to payments
- Frank post by end of day ready for delivery
- Maintain stationery for the office and place orders as necessary approved by Office Manager
- Check emails and distribute to relevant person/s
- Compile Health and Safety and Construction phase plans when required
- To compile Health and Safety handover files when requested from management
- Chase Sub-Contractors/suppliers for their information and certificates
- Monitor incoming faxes and distribute
STAFF TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
- Liaise with Office Manager regarding training requirements and agree training plan
- To attend and participate in training sessions
- To attend in annual appraisal process
To attend and participate in regular team meetings and encourage a supportive work environment to share skills and experiences.
- To be aware of and work within agreed organisational policies and procedures
- Be responsible for the health and safety of one’s self and colleagues in line with H & S legislation
- Act as a communication point of contact
£3.90 per hour
Working hours per week
39.5 hours per week.
Must be able to work on own initiative, be a self-starter and be motivated to do well. The ideal candidate will be quick to learn new tasks, have excellent attention to detail and not be afraid to ask questions.
Personal Qualities Required
The ideal candidate will have a mature attitude and approach towards work. They will have the confidence to work as part of a small team of 6, most of which are long-serving members of the company.
The successful candidate will already have a GCSE grade C or above (level 2 ) in English Language and Mathematics.
Number of Vacancies
Potential to progress within the business.
The business is situated on Preston Docklands, on the opposite side to Makro and there is no public transport to the location. The successful candidate must ensure that they can travel to work.Apply for this vacancy