Biffa Waste Services
Type of Apprenticeship
- Perform administrative duties including document filing, scanning and checking of conveyance notes, disposal tickets, defect sheets and tachograph file management.
- Carry out stock control, notifying of low stocks, PPE and stationery etc.
- In conjunction with the Traffic Office Team, ensure bin / container stocks (understanding bin size and type)
- Complete purchase order processing including office stationery.
- Review driver availability and coverage to ensure that there is suitable coverage at all times.
- Monitor service levels, investigating wasted journeys, liaising with traffic office teams.
- Assist with the routing, developing area knowledge.
- Communicating with customer services call centre and customers.
- Input basic jobs onto the company central system.
- Process tachograph information using tachomaster.
- Develop a sound understanding of waste streams and waste management
- Any other reasonable duties as defined by management.
To be confirmed at interview
Working hours per week
- Computer literacy
- Organisational skills
- Local geographical knowledge
- Good transport / logistics knowledge
- Waste industry knowledge including relevant laws
- Knowledge and understanding of the requirements of working within a time critical service
Personal Qualities Required
- Treating safety as a number one priority
- Working with others to trigger the best possible ideas.
- Being polite, friendly and approachable at all times.
- Delivering what you have committed to do so the whole team succeeds.
- Being committed to achieving ever improving personal work performance
Essential: Minimum GCSE or equivalent in Maths, English and ICT Level A – C (or Grade D working towards A – C).
Desirable: Logistics / Transport Management Qualification.
Number of Vacancies
To become a trained Traffic Dispatcher.
- Courage to challenge
- Having difficult conversations
- Own transport desirable –
- Bus and Train routes being explored