Type of Apprenticeship
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Provision of Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
- Sorting and distribution of correspondence, responsibility for incoming/outgoing mail
- Producing ad-hoc letters / emails in response to general enquiries
- Responsible for the general up keep of admin facilities, responsibility for the Departments Stationery Requirements – including any printing components
- General admin duties including photocopying and filing
- Dealing with telephone enquiries and visitors.
- Maintenance of administrative/computer/manual records
- Reporting/Resolving any IT issues within the office
- To promote and comply with Lancashire Constabulary’s policies on equal opportunities and health and safety both in the delivery of service and the treatment of others.
Monthly wage: 55% of £1,406.77 (before Tax)
Working hours per week
37 hours per week
We are looking for candidates who have a good ICT skills mainly in Microsoft software system such as Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience of mainting confidential records, knowledge of confidentiality, good communication skills, the ability to work independently and also as part of a team. Candidates must be able to follow instructions and also work using their own initiative.
Personal Qualities Required
We are looking for candidates who are self motivated, show willingness to develop themselves in the role, enthusiastic, hard working, reliable and are able to adapt to new challenges the role may bring.
4 GCSEs Grade C or above (or equivalent including English).
Number of Vacancies
There is possibilities with all our apprenticeships to lead to employment if you show the right qualities, skills and work ethic. If employed this can open up opportunites to apply for various roles in departments around the county that you may be interested in and in time may lead to promotion opportunities.
Lancashire Constabulary employees potentially see, hear or read confidential information due to the nature of the service we provide to the public. As an employee you must be able to keep information confidential at all times, not even telling your friends.
As a public service we must be professional at all times especially when interacting with members of the public. The Constabulary expects all employees to demonstrate exceptional customer service and adhere to our values.
Police Headquarters site is accessible via public transport, there is ample free parking also available on site.
There is 2 subsidised canteens on site, offering soup, sandwiches and hot meals.
There is an onsite gym with exercise bikes and weights, along with weekly fitness clubs such as boot camp. We have 50 men and women’s sports team that compete against other Constabularies from around the Country including football, rugby, netball, badminton, athletics, hockey, golf, tennis, swimming etc.Apply for this vacancy