Type of Apprenticeship
- Main duties and tasks
- Supporting the HR Admins in the management of the HR Inboxes, responding to queries in a timely manner
- Supporting in the recruitment process in terms of assisting to issue on-boarding documentation and publish job vacancies on the relevant job portals.
- Deal with any scanning and filing when required
- Assist in maintaining manual and computerised records in accordance with relevant internal and external policies, procedures and legislation
- Responsible for responding to external references, providing employment information in line with GDPR laws and regulations
- Issuing VDU and eye test vouchers to employees through the eye care benefit scheme
- Update employee ID photo’s on the HR system and process the monthly ID Card order to our external provider
- Enable new employee records on the HR sytem every week
- Manage the HR sytem task list, approving and rejecting requests as necessary.
- Run and generate monthly reports to submit to Finance and the senior HR Administrator. A good working knowledge of excel, with an interest in statistics and pivot tables would be beneficial for this purpose.
- Support the process for calculating and updating annual leave records
- Generic responsibilities
- Manage personal resources and own professional development
- Ensure all duties are carried out in a manner which promotes Victim Support’s equality and diversity policies
- Promote a health and safety culture within the workplace, observe all health and safety rules and procedures and attend all training courses as required
- It is essential that information of a sensitive or personal nature is not disclosed to or discussed with inappropriate persons
- Ensure all information is maintained in accordance with the Data Protection Act
- Assist in raising awareness of Victim Support, provide support to fundraising activity and take part in local fundraising events
- Undertake other activities as required
- There will be a rare requirement for travel
- Unsocial Hours
- There no requirement to work unsocial hours
This job description serves to illustrate the type and scope of the duties currently required for the above post and to provide an indication of the required level of responsibility. It is not a comprehensive or exclusive list and duties may be varied from time to time, they will not however change the general character of the job or the level of responsibility entailed.
Hourly Rate: £4.10 Total Weekly Wage: £153.85
Working hours per week
37.5 hours per week 9am – 5pm, 30 minutes lunch unpaid.
Knowledge and Experience
- A positive attitude towards learning and development
- Understanding and knowledge of the requirement for confidentiality and a willingness to learn about the Data Protection Act and other legal requirements
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships both internally and externally
- Skills and abilities
- Highly organised with attention to detail and the ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritise and remain calm while working in a busy, sometimes pressurised environment
- Excellent Communication skills both written and verbally
- IT skills including Word, Excel, databases, internet/ email
- To recognise own strengths and weaknesses and seek support when needed
Personal Qualities Required
Well presented and in a professional manner.
- GCSE grades A-C or Scottish standard grades or equivalent in English and maths
Number of Vacancies
12-15 months on a fixed term contract
Experience gained to be able to undertake CIPD qualifications
HR administrator, HR Advisor, HR Business Partner etc
There is a high volume of work that is constent and there are times when we are pushed by deadlines.Apply for this vacancy