Type of Apprenticeship
- Keep the clinical areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile as appropriate according to the practice’s health and safety and infection control procedures and manufacturers’ instructions
- Use all equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations and ensure that they are maintained regularly and in good working order
- Provide chair side assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is available
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Accurately complete patient clinical records as directed
- Handle all substances in accordance with health and safety policies
- Be familiar and comply with all health and safety rules and guidance, including PPE, COSHH, mercury handling, infection control, waste disposal etc
- Develop and file radiographs and change radiographic solutions as directed
- Complete laboratory request forms, keep records of work sent, received and fitted
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials and other items within the surgery
- Ask the reception manager to order new stock supplies as necessary
- Ensure computer/written records are accurately maintained and securely stored
- Liaise with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records
- Attend and participate in practice meetings
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice including the duties and tasks of receptionist as required
- Undergo training as may be required to develop skills and abilities
- Attend refresher and update training for medical emergencies and CPR
- Act in accordance with the practice rules and code of conduct
£3.90 per hour
Working hours per week
In addition to the clinical skills the following Customer Service skills will be required – to include:
- Welcoming patients/clients in a friendly and supportive manner.
- Must be customer focused with a friendly and polite disposition.
- Communicate appropriately with patients who may be fearful, vulnerable, are aggressive or have special needs I.e physical and learning disabilities.
- Deal efficiently with enquiries from patients, staff and other healthcare professionals.
- Deal with external agencies in relation to patient services on behalf of the clinicians egg Dental laboratories.
- Liaise with senior staff to ensure all operational information is available.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the complaints procedure defusing and resolving or referring potential situations to line manager.
- Checking treatment plans prior to clinics under supervision.
Personal Qualities Required
The applicant must be:
- bright & quick to learn
- have a have good attitude to working.
The candidate must also be
- able to work on own initiative with guidelines
- able to work as part of a team
- able to display good communication skills
- approachable, willing and friendly
- able to follow instructions
- able to be flexible
- customer focused with friendly and polite disposition
The suitable candidate will be of a cheery disposition, willing, helpful and friendly. Essentially this role is ideal for someone who is able to multi task and display their initiative. You must also be punctual and reliable.
No formal qualifications are required. Candidates will have to sit an assessment and complete Level 2 functional skills in English, Maths and IT (if applicable) as part of their course if they do not have GCSEs at Grade D or above.
Number of Vacancies
18 - 24 Months
Potential opportunities for fulltime employment on completion of apprenticeship for someone who demonstrates commitment.Apply for this vacancy