Chorley Orthodontics Limited
Full time job working 4 days at an Orthodontic Practice and 1 day at a General Dental Practice based in Clayton Brook. This will allow the candidate to gain experience in both orthodontics and general dentistry. Transport links are excellent between both practices.
Full training in Orthodontics and General Dentistry will be provided by our experienced teams and Preston College will provide Apprenticeship training once a week. This is an Evening class Wednesday or Thursday 6-9pm
Duties include assisting in the provision of dental care to patients, reception duties and decontamination/sterilisation in the surgeries.
- Setting up and preparing the treatment room appropriately for each patient
- Preparing the necessary materials and instruments, making sure that equipments and instruments are in good working order and maintained regularly in accordance with practice policy
- Segregating waste in accordance with the practice procedures and ensuring its safe disposal
- Maintaining and decontaminating equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions
- Liaising with reception over appointments for each patient
- Welcoming patients with a cheery smile
- Providing chair side support to the Orthodontist /Dentist/Orthodontic therapist or Hygienist during treatment
- Monitoring, supporting and reassuring patients
- Assisting in the keeping of full and accurate patient records and ensuring that they are regularly updated and stored securely
- Providing appropriate advice to patients
- Monitoring and maintaining stock within the practice as necessary, informing the Head Nurseand liaising with the Dentists / Hygienist over orders or any shortages of materials
- Checking that all necessary laboratory work is returned and ready for each session a day prior to patients’ appointments
- Assisting in all administrative duties as required by the Principal
- Reporting equipment failures or breakages to the practice principle
- Covering on Reception when required – full training given
Wage negotiated dependant on experience
Working hours per week
40.5 Hours Per Week - 1 Hour Break Unpaid (taught provision at Preston's College - Wednesday evening 6-9pm).
Good communication skills
Computer literate though training will be provided on practice system.
Personal Qualities Required
Committed individual who is hard working, reliable, eager to learn and prepared to complete the required dental nursing qualification.
GCSE or equivalent.
Number of Vacancies
Further qualifications in Dental Radiography/Oral Health and Orthodontic Nursing.Apply for this vacancy