Kew Dental Surgery
Type of Apprenticeship
This is an opportunity to work in a busy and expanding dental surgery. Your role as a dental nurse will be to support the dentist in all aspects of patient care, this includes getting the appropriate instruments ready, mixing materials and ensuring patient comfort. You will also take notes from dentists dictation for records and once the patient has left, the dental nurse tidies the surgery and sterilises all of the instruments. You will also have the oportunity to work alongside the practice hygienist.
Additionally, you will assist with reception work – making appointments, taking payments, dealing with paperwork and meeting and reassuring patients.
You will also be required to:
- Comply with all relevant policies, procedures and update training
- Supporting and assisting the range of clinicians onsite
- of clinical areas including instrumental sterilisation, cross infection control and all relevant information, equipment and materials in readiness for the treatment of patients
- Maintain a fully prepared surgery at all times
- Maintain adequate stock levels
- To be conversant with basic first aid and resuscitation techniques by attending regular updates
- Active participation in clinical or peer review
- Support and assist with the teaching and commercial activity within the clinic
- To keep surgeries clean and tidy
Hourly Rate: £3.70
Working hours per week
38.5 hours per week
In additional to the clinical skills the following Customer Service/administrative skills will be required – to include
- Welcoming patients/clients in a friendly and supportive manner
- Must be customer focused with a friendly and polite disposition
- Communicate appropriately with patients who may be fearful, vulnerable, are aggressive or have special needs I.e physical and learning disabilities
- Deal efficiently with enquiries from patients, staff and other healthcare professionals
- Deal with external agencies in relation to patient services on behalf of the clinicians e.g Dental laboratories
- Liaise with senior staff to ensure all operational information is available
- Demonstrate an awareness of the complaints procedure defusing and resolving or referring potential situations to line manager
- Checking treatment plans prior to clinics under supervision
- Preparing take home packs for patients
Personal Qualities Required
The suitable candidate will be of a cheery disposition, willing, helpful and friendly. Essentially this role is ideal for someone who is able to multi task and display their initiative. You must also be punctual and reliable.
They must be:
- able to work on own initiative with guidelines
- able to work as part of a team
- able to display good communication skills
- approachable, willing and friendly
- able to follow instructions
- able to be flexible
- customer focused with friendly and polite disposition
A good level of education is required to include English and Maths GCSE grade A-C desirable or a willingness to work towards achieving these grades.
Number of Vacancies
CPD opportunities as and when they arise and opportunity to progress to level 3 Dental Apprenticeship.
If you are adverse to seeing blood this may not be a suitable role for you.
The suitable candidate will be required to have a Hepitis B injection.Apply for this vacancy