Travel Technology Systems Ltd
Type of Apprenticeship
Specific area of responsibility : Support desk.
- Answering support telephone calls/monitor support email, deal with the client queries either by raising a new issue in our internal support system for new queries or dealing with an ongoing issue, investigate the problem and either resolve the issue using and updating our knowledgebase with the client or pass the issue onto the relevant development staff to deal with.
- Running daily checks on our systems and ensuring all those systems remain operable at all times. Updating and raising tickets in our support system where issues are found.
- Testing new releases of our software, this aides in ensuring that you will always be aware of how the software works and thus help you answer client questions quicker, whilst also strengthening our products by ensuring they are as bug free as possible.
- Using a report generator to make minor changes to existing reports, and or client documentation.
- Using the report generator to generate new reports, this last task will only happen if there is both time in your working week and you show an aptitude and desire to further your skills.
Hourly Rate: £6 Total Weekly Wage: £225
Working hours per week
7.5hrs per day, 5 days per week
Good communication skills.
Ability to work in a small team.
Good at problem solving.
Ability to communicate verbally in the English Language.
Personal Qualities Required
Attention to detail.
A willingness to learn.
English & Maths at Grade 4 (C) or above or be capable of achieving Level 2 Functional Skills in English, Maths and IT whilst on programme.
It is desirable for individuals to also have an IT qualification, have a strong interest or already working in this sector.
Number of Vacancies
Employment as a Support engineer and potentially further training/apprenticeship as a software development engineer if the individual shows a capacity for software development work.
- Small office environment.
- Working on the first floor – no lift.
- We expect all our staff to take it in turns to make beverages for others in the office.
We seek candidates who don’t want just a job, but want to love their job, who are eager to learn and become a key member of our team. We seek employees who have a maturity in their attitude to work irrespective of age. Above all else we seek an attention to detail and a willingness to go the extra mile when solving problemsApply for this vacancy