Type of Apprenticeship
The candidate will work as part of the Laboratory team to carry out quality control testing of polyurethane based products and raw materials. This position will involve, but is not limited to:
- Quality control testing and assessment of polyurethane chemical raw materials.
- Prepare and test quality control samples, of polyurethane system profucts in line with company test procedures.
- Verifying and communicating results obtained, to make appropriate entried in the required records and to generate reports for release to customers.
- Collect, receive and log in samples to the required systems for analysis.
- Maintain documentation as required to meet various accreditations such as ISO9001.
Hourly Rate: 6.25 Total Weekly Wage: £250
Working hours per week
This is an entry level position but the following would be an advantage:
- Experience in a lab environment – preferably in the polyurethane industry would be an advantage
- Experience and knowledge of polymer and related chemicals testing
- Familiarity with KF and titration methodologies
- General quality control testing experience
- A full driving licence
Personal Qualities Required
Good communication, problem solving and organisational skills
Desirable but not essential: A level or equivalent in science, preferably Chemistry based.
Number of Vacancies
Would look to be a long term employee of Isothane. Lab Technician with Quality Control responsibilities.
Hands on polymer chemistry
Making up to 25kg mix sizes
Housekeeping, emptying lab bins etcApply for this vacancy