Total UK Limited
Type of Apprenticeship
- Main duties and tasks
- Follow procedures
- Write dynamic risk assessments (with training) and fill in Maintenance Request Forms.
- Preventative Maintenance of plant equipment
- Installation and commissioning of new plant equipment
- Repairs to faulty or damaged plant equipment
- Control housekeeping onsite and within maintenance workshop.
- Where necessary control stock levels of spares in stores.
- Calibration of meters/scales to keep in line with audit requirements
- Update plant equipment registers and logs
- To contribute to the prevention of incidents or accidents which may impact on the safety to personnel, to equipment, or which may have serious environmental consequences
- Follow procedures, on occasions work without supervision, prioritize work load, resolve maintenance issues, assist with developing maintenance procedures, and investigate methods for continuous improvement
- Ensure communication is maintained between engineer, controllers and operators for work being carried out; maintain safety, quality control and housekeeping standards
- To ensure all necessary work required by Preston College is kept up-to-date and to achieve good grades at College
- To develop into a good “all” round member of the maintenance team at Total UK Preston
- Undertake other activities as required
- There will be a rare requirement for travel.
- Unsocial Hours
- There maybe requirement to work unsocial hours
Working hours per week
- Knowledge and Experience
- A positive attitude towards learning and development (s)
- Proven interest in electrical engineering
- Working independently and as part of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within and outside the company.
- Self motivating
- Flexible approach to problem solving and working arrangements.
- Punctual and reliable
- Computer literate
Personal Qualities Required
Well presented and in a professional manner.
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent in electrical. HNC possible for further education.
- GCSE grade C Mathematics
- GCSE grade C English
Number of Vacancies
Core Training (accredited by City & Guilds)
Potential to work in other roles within Total GB Ltd upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.Apply for this vacancy