R. Walker & Sons
- Carry out relevant trade duties on responsive and planned works as requested to R Walker & Sons specifications and standards.
- To carry our first and second fix joinery and associated building works to specification as instructed either individually or as part of a team.
- To work in accordance with the information, instruction and training given safely and efficiently and to inform the Team Leader of any potential safety hazards not adequately controlled.
- Complete timesheets and other relevant documentation to the satisfaction of your line manager.
- Use authorised plant & equipment provided with due care and attention and as supervised
- Work as part of a team and use materials safely
- Load and unload materials and equipment as directed.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, customers and managers.
- Be aware of risk assessments and method statements relating to own area of work and to work in safe manner taking account other people’s health and wellbeing.
- Take part in the apprentice review process and complete any training required, and be capable of working independently in the final year of the apprenticeship.
- Follow Health and Safety policy and procedures including the wearing of personal protective equipment when necessary.
- Undertake health and safety training as required.
- Manage health and safety issues in your area of responsibility in line with the relevant section(s) of the relevant Health and Safety Policy.
- Comply with Group confidentiality and information security policies at all times.
- Your duties may vary from time to time within the broad remit of your role and grade. You are required to undertake any such reasonable and appropriate duties.
£3.90 per hour - In line with minimum wage for Apprentices.
Working hours per week
39 Hours Per Week
No formal skills required. However, a good standard of Maths & English is essential along with a hardworking attitude and strong motivation to work in the sector.
Personal Qualities Required
Willing to learn
GCSE Maths & English at Grade D or above. If applicants do not have these qualifications, they may be required to undertake Functional Skills Maths & English before/alongside their apprenticeship.
Number of Vacancies
If successful on their apprenticeship this could lead to a full time postion for the right candidate.
The job involves manual labour and can be demanding depending on workload.
The job is an active hands on role therefore applicants must be aware they will often be on their feet for most of the day.Apply for this vacancy