The Access to Business Skills course will provide you with an introductory qualification that will develop your employability, business and finance skills that are used in every day business across a range of industries.
The course covers a range of topics that will develop your knowledge and skills in three core areas:
- Preparing for Work
- Using Numbers in Business
- Sales and Purchases in Business
You will develop an understanding of how different organisations operate and learn how to contribute effectively in the workplace by developing your knowledge and skills in the following areas;
- Working with others
- Workplace communications
- Effective time management
- Professional behaviour
- Data security
- Matching skills and abilities to job roles
- Applying for jobs using application forms and CV’s
- Numeracy skills required in the workplace
- Performing business calculations
- Applying business procedures to sales and purchases
- Completing documents used in the sales and purchase process
You will be taught through a series of classroom based activities that will link theory into practice.
You will be required to undertake a final computer based assessment to achieve this qualification. You will be provided with a range of question types and formats that will include multiple choice.
After completion of this programme, you may wish to progress straight into employment. If you are interested in focussing on finance roles, then you may wish to advance in specialist subject areas such as bookkeeping or AAT Level 2.
There is no formal entry criteria for this course. However you will be required to communicate information clearly and appropriately and therefore basic English skills are essential. All students must register with AAT to study this qualification.