This Apprenticeship offers a combination of qualifications that will equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to work in the Childcare industry. Practitioners in this area support children to learn, develop and reach their full potential. ‘Play is Children’s work’ according to Tina Bruce and a childcare Apprenticeship involves working in a setting where you will use play to help children question the world around them and develop social skills.
Examples of Level 2 mandatory units include:
- Introduction to Communication in Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Child and Young Person Development
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Contribute to the Support of Child and Young Person Development
- Safeguarding the Welfare of Children and Young People
- Understand Partnership Working in Services for Children and Young People
- Maintain and Support Relationships with Children and Young People
You will be based with your employer four days per week and at College one day per week where you will learn from industry experienced tutors. You will also be assessed and supported in the workplace with a Preston’s College work based tutors.
Assessment will be through a range of methods including course work, oral questioning, a portfolio of evidence and practical demonstrations.
Completion of Level 2 may allow for progression onto Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship. Successful completion of the Level 3 programme can provide direct entry to Higher Education. It will also improve your employment opportunities with your current employer and within the industry. The qualification is relevant to the following careers:
- Early Years Care
- Children’s Services
- Nursery Nurse
Duration: 12 Months
All Apprenticeships require an initial assessment, interview and employment in the industry. To work in this industry you will need a DBS (disclosure and barring service) check.