This programme aims to develop your knowledge of vehicle inspection with the opportunity to study both the theory and practical aspects of a range of routine vehicle inspection, fitting and maintenance procedures.
You will learn the following:
- Routine light vehicle maintenance, including engine systems.
- Inspecting, repairing and replacing light vehicle: standard and high performance tyres.
- Carrying out light vehicle four wheel alignment.
- Inspecting and replacing light vehicle: exhaust components, suspension dampers & springs, vehicle batteries and braking systems & components.
- A broad knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace.
You will be taught through a combination of theory and practical sessions in the workshop.
Your assessments are made up of practical tasks and online tests.
You can progress on to an Apprenticeship or continue your studies on our Level 3 Automotive Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair or Level 2 Motorsport programme.
You will be required to purchase safety boots and appropriate overalls to wear for the duration of the programme for health and safety reasons.
You will be required to have a Level 1 in Automotive Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair or have a vested interest and prior experience of the automotive trade.