This course is designed to help boost your performance as a team member and help you make the transition from working in a team to leading a team. This qualification will cover a wide range of skills and knowledge to support your development in the workplace. It will focus on managing yourself, leading your work team, induction and coaching in the workplace.
On your course, you will:
- Learn core leadership and management skills
- Develop your ability to put your management skills into practice in the workplace
- Gain awareness of your personal strengths and weaknesses
- Learn how to improve your team’s performance
- Generate SMART targets and learn time management techniques
- Identify the sources of stress in the workplace, its impact and sources of support
- Explore leadership styles and approaches
- Learn the benefits of coaching in the workplace
- Develop your coaching techniques
You will be taught by industry experienced Tutors and attend weekly lessons.
You will complete work-based assignments whilst undertaking this qualification.
Successful completion of the course will enable you to progress onto the ILM Level 3 in Leadership and Management dependent upon relevant experience.
You must have a keen interest in Leadership and Management. No prior experience is required. A basic standard of English is required (ideally GCSE Grade D or equivalent Functional Skills at Level 1). If you do not hold qualifications in this subject, a short assessment may be required.