The Level 2 NVQ in Plumbing and Domestic Heating qualification offers you the chance to upskill and further develop your knowledge if you are currently working within the industry. Dependent upon experience, completion of the NVQ could range from 3-12 months.
It will cover a range of knowledge and skills across areas including domestic hot and cold water systems, central heating systems, sanitation systems, environmental technologies and matters of gas safety. Competencies will include;
- Understanding and carrying out safe working practices in building services engineering
- Communicating with others within the industry
- Environmental protection measures within building services engineering
- Applying scientific principles within mechanical engineering services
- Carrying out site preparation and pipework fabrication techniques for domestic plumbing anf heating systems
- Understanding and applying domestic cold water system installaiton and maintenance techniques
- Applying domestic hot water installation and maintenance techniques
- Understanding and applying domestic central heating system installation and maintenance techniques
- Rainwater system installation and maintenance
- Domestic drainage system installation and maintenance techniques
You will be regularly visited in your workplace, receiving 1-1’s with your Work Based Tutor. Your progress will be monitored and assessed throughout the NVQ framework.
In order to achieve your NVQ via On-site Assessment and Training involving a Preston’s College Work Based Tutor collating evidence of your skills and knowledge throughout the programme.
This qualification will enable you to progress in a wide range of roles within the domestic and plumbing sector. It will also support you in progressing on to advanced level qualifications.
To access this course you must be employed in the industry with existing Plumbing experience and qualifications.