Preston’s College are once again offering its popular Gifted and Talented Scholarship programme for the 2019/20 academic year.
A limited number of prestigious scholarships are available to any Year 11 applicant looking to study a full-time Level 3 course starting in September 2019.
What Courses are eligible for the Gifted & Talented Scholarship?
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Applied Science
- Business Studies
- Digital: Computer Games Design
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Event Management
- Health inc. Dental & Pharmacy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Performing Arts
- Professional Construction inc. Civil Engineering
- Professional Dance
- Public Services Sport inc. Fitness & Therapy
What can I get from the Scholarship?
- £1,000 over the period of a two year Level 3 course
- NEW Apple iPad
- Free Travel Pass
- Free College Gym Membership
- Preston’s College Ambassador Hoodie
- Support from our extensive range of employer links
- Evidence to support your UCAS application
Can I apply for a Scholarship?
You should apply for a scholarship if:
- You are currently in Year 11
- You are applying for a Level 3 course listed above
- You meet the entry requirements for your course
- You have a skill or talent in your course choice
(For example, if you are applying for a ‘Sport’ course, you may volunteer at a local sports club or represent your school / county / country.)
Note: Each area may have additional entry requirements – see the Application Form for more details.
How can I apply?
- You can apply for a scholarship online (Apply now)
- All sections of the form must be completed in FULL
- A Personal Statement section is included within the form. It is essential that you clearly justify why you are suitable for a Preston’s College Scholarship
- Deadline: Applications should be submitted before Tuesday 30th April 2019. The Dance and Performing Arts application window will remain open until Friday 14th June 2019.
How will my application be assessed?
- Step 1: Application – Check your application will be checked by the College to see if you meet the eligibility criteria
- Step 2: Shortlisting – A selection panel will meet to decide if your application should be shortlisted
- Step 3: Interviews – You will be invited to interview (subject to possible change). Full details will be contained in your interview letter.
- Step 4: Decision – You will receive a letter in July 2019 informing you if you have been successful / unsuccessful in securing a scholarship. If successful, you will be awarded a conditional offer.
What does the College expect in return?
If successful, Preston’s College expect:
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Performance at or above your target grade
- Any additional requirements as outlined in your Scholarship agreement
- To help promote your course to potential learners
If I do not receive a scholarship, will this affect my application to study at Preston’s College?
No. If you are unsuccessful in securing a scholarship, this will not affect your application for a full-time course
For more information, please call our Schools Liaison team on 01772 225 515.
Applications are open on the 30th April 2018: Apply here.