Preston’s College has a wide range of assistive technologies that can be loaned (free of charge) to students who have special educational needs and / or disabilities. The Learning Support Coaches carry out a detailed ICT assessment to help determine the most appropriate equipment / software. They will also provide training on the equipment / software.
Our current list of software includes:
- Read & Write: Specifically designed to help students to become more independent, whilst improving their literacy, research and study skills
- InPrint3 (Widget): Software to enable its users to create a wide variety of resources consisting of basic words and pictures, giving all students the opportunity to learn and contribute
- Inspirations: Mind-mapping software which assists with planning, organisation and memory
- Supernova and Zoomtext: Provides magnification and speech
- Dragon: Speech recognition software
- MyStudyBar: Over 15 study applications to choose from
Other equipment includes:
Laptops, iPads, Dictaphones, adapted keyboard / mouse, adapted tables and chairs, cerium overlays, portable loop system, tactile image enhancer, brailling machine, Magnilink CCTV camera, magnification tools and a range of wrist and back supports.