English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) & Citizenship is for people who do not speak English as their first language.
Preston’s College offers the course at 6 different levels:
- Pre-entry (for people who do not write in English)
- First Steps ( for people who do not speak in English
- Entry 1
- Entry 2
- Entry 3 (equivalent to B1)
- Level 1
- Level 2 (equivalent to GCSE grade C and above)
You will be able to improve your speaking, listening, reading and writing as well as learn about life in the UK. You will also be able to take exams to get nationally recognised qualifications.
You can study 3 or 6 hours a week, with daytime, evenings and Saturday options. Classes run at the following places in the Preston area:
- Preston’s College, Fulwood Campus, St Vincents Road, PR2 8UR
- Preston North End (PNE) Learning Centre, Hollins Road, PR1 6RU
- City Business Centre, 13 Winckley Street, PR1 2AA
We have assessment events running throughout the year. For an appointment, please ring the Advice Line on 01772 225522.
If you are looking to apply for indefinite leave to remain or for a British passport and need to meet the government requirement of B1 (or equivalent) we offer exam only options. The cost for this is £225. To arrange an appointment with our specialist advisor please contact Asma Nakhuda on 01772 225510 or email email@example.com.
We offer a specialist full-time English course to those who need language support to access a course of choice at a later date. Enrolment for this is throughout the year and is a free* course.
*terms and conditions apply
Key contacts (Bi-lingual staff)
Asma Nakhuda (Gujarati, Urdu, Hindi)
Tel: 01772 225522
Agnieszka Penney (Polish)
Rachel Watkins (Portuguese)
Tel: 01772 225538
General information and Advice
Tel: 01772 225522