At Preston’s College we have a clear mission which is to help create the most employable learners now and in the future.
In practice, we aim to provide the culture, environment, facilities, innovation and services to enable learners at all career stages, local businesses and the College itself to develop and maintain social mobility and a thriving local economy.
To help us achieve our mission and purpose we have identified a set of strategic objectives.
Making our learners the most employable, now and in the future.
• To evaluate and build on the transformational technical and cultural advancements made as an organisation during the pandemic, continuing to develop and benefit from digital delivery and support, and ensure wider flexibilities for a responsive workforce.
• To provide a high quality technical and vocational curriculum, aligned to industry, business and community needs, providing the required skills and underpinning knowledge.
• To support workforce reskilling required as a consequence of Brexit and Covid, recognising that business needs for many employers will change and with it, career aspirations.
• To ensure that high quality, innovative blended teaching, learning and assessment are at the core of our activities, continuing to work with employers in ensuring high levels of achievement and outcomes for learners, with increased flexibility in delivery and attendance.
• To recognise and value our diverse range of learners, and provide aspirational pathways to destinations, whether that be an apprenticeship, higher education, further study or employment.
• To create a flexible, responsive business model which drives quality and income, is agile in its delivery and maintains an appropriate cost base to generate levels of surplus to reinvest in the College.
• To create a culture in which all staff deliver outstanding performance within a safe and stable environment.
• To act as a catalyst for change in our engagement with Preston, Central Lancashire and Northwest community, working with partners to provide a more coherent and integrated offer, driving recovery through reskilling.