Gifted & Talented Scholarships
Preston’s College are once again
offering its popular Gifted and Talented Scholarship programme for the 2020/21
A limited number of prestigious scholarships are available to
any Year 11 applicant looking to study a full-time Level 3 course starting in
What courses are eligible for the Gifted &
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Applied Science
- Business Studies
- Digital: Computer Games Design
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Event Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Performing Arts
- Professional Construction inc. Civil
- Public Services
- Sport inc. Fitness & Therapy
What can I get from the Scholarship?
- £1,000 over the period of a two year
Level 3 course
- NEW Apple iPad
- Free Travel Pass
- Free College Gym Membership
- Preston’s College Ambassador Hoodie
- Support from our extensive range of
- Evidence to support your UCAS
Can I apply for a Scholarship?
Applications for 2020/21 are now closed, but in future, you should apply for a Scholarship if:
- You are currently in Year 11
- You are applying for a Level 3 course
- You meet the entry requirements for your
- You have a skill or talent in your
(For example, if you are
applying for a ‘Sport’ course, you may volunteer at a local sports club or
represent your school, county or country.)
Note: Each area may have additional entry requirements see the Application Form for details.
How can I apply?
- Applications are now CLOSED – we will be accepting applications during the next academic year.
- You can apply for a scholarship online
- All sections of the form must be completed in full
- A Personal Statement section is included within the form. It is essential that you clearly justify why you are suitable for a Preston’s College Scholarship
How will my application be assessed?
- Step 1: Application – Your application
will be checked by the College to see if you meet the eligibility criteria
- Step 2: Shortlisting – A selection panel
will meet to decide if your application should be shortlisted
- Step 3: Interviews – You will be invited
to interview. Full details will be contained in your interview letter.
- Step 4: Decision – You will receive a
letter in July 2020 informing you if you have been successful/unsuccessful in
securing a scholarship. If successful, you will be awarded a conditional offer.
What does the College expect in return?
If successful, Preston’s College expect:
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Performance at or above your target
- Any additional requirements as outlined
in your Scholarship agreement
- Your help in promoting your course to
If I do not receive a scholarship, will this
affect my application to study at Preston’s College?
No. If you are unsuccessful in securing a scholarship, this will
not affect your application for a full-time course.
For more information, please call our Schools Liaison team on