Level 2: 12 Months & Level 3: 18 Months*
2 / 3
This Apprenticeship will provide you with all the skills required to develop in the specialist area of Mechanical Engineering.
- Working safely and effectively in engineering
- Interpreting and using engineering information
- Mathematics for engineering technicians
Optional study areas:
- Applied electrical and mechanical science
- Operation and maintenance of mechanical systems and components
- Operation and maintenance of electrical systems and components
- Selecting engineering materials
- Using CAD (computer aided drawing) techniques in engineering
- Electronic circuit construction
- Mechanical principles and applications
- Properties and application of Engineering materials
- Engineering secondary and finishing techniques
You will be taught in the College’s new iSTEM centre with state-of-the-art equipment and taught by industry experienced tutors. At college you will spend time in both classroom lessons and practical workshop sessions.
After completing Level 2, you may be able to progress onto the Level 3 Apprenticeship. Following Level 3 you can continue with your employer with a competent skill level or progress onto Higher Education.
Successful completion allows progression to the Level 3 Apprenticeship.
For workshop activities you will need to purchase suitable overalls and work boots.
*Course duration will depend on your current qualifications and experience within the industry.
All Apprenticeships require an initial assessment, interview and employment in the industry. For Level 3 progression, you will need a Level 2 qualification in the subject together with maths and English.