The IAB Level 1 in bookkeeping provides a flexible introduction to key topics in book-keeping. The IAB Level 1 Award in Bookkeeping is aimed at individuals who wish to begin their studies of bookkeeping. It could also be used by those candidates who have some practical knowledge and skills and wish to gain an accredited qualification in the subject.
Owners of small businesses may also find this qualification useful as it gives coverage of the keeping of a single entry bookkeeping system, suitable for the production of small business accounts.
On this International Association of Bookkeepers (IAB) accredited course, you will study:
- Introduction to bookkeeping
- Working within bookkeeping
- Banking procedures
- Recording receipts and payments
- Preparing and processing bookkeeping documents
- Recording credit transactions
- Making and receiving payments
- Maintaining petty cash records
- Basic manual bookkeeping routines concerning the documentation and processes related to making and receiving payments. You will gain an initial insight into both cash and credit business transactions, VAT and other manual routines.
You will be taught through a series of classroom based activities that will link theory into practice.
To be awarded the full qualification, you are required to successfully demonstrate their competence by means of an external examination.
You may use this qualification as the basis of further study of manual systems and use it as underpinning knowledge for the study of the AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping or AAT Level 2. Alternatively you could progress to the IAB Level 1 Award in Computerised Bookkeeping.
An interest in basic accounts/figures is required. Level 1 English and Maths is also essential.