9 or 10 weeks
This course is aimed at those who have little or no knowledge of cake decorating but would like to learn the basics.
- Icing a dummy cake and rope edging
- Flooding pictures on a dummy
- Basic sponge and fruit cake recipes
- Preparing, layering and icing a sponge cake
- Decorating a dozen cupcakes
- Decorating a chocolate box shaped cake
- Modelling seasonal items
- Almond pasting a fruit cake
- Decorating a seasonal fruit cake
You will be taught in our new sensory kitchen with top of the range equipment. You will be taught by an experienced professional who runs her own cake business.
There is no formal qualification for this course but your progress will be monitored closely.
If you have mastered the basic techniques you may have an opportunity to study on the advanced course. The tutor will discuss this with you.
On the first week you will be shown a basic cake decorating tool kit which you must purchase yourself. The tutor will go through this with you in the first lesson. You will need to bring this to each lesson.
There may be an additional change of 50p – £1.00 for additional materials brought in by the tutor each week.
There are no formal entry requirements.