Preston’s College is working in partnership with Manpower and DXC, recruiting for Service Desk Advisor roles within the Aerospace sector. In the role you will be responsible for speaking with internal staff who are experiencing a variety of IT issues such as password and connectivity problems. You will need to deliver excellent customer service and ensure resolution of IT issues using a web based system. This will involve following resolution scripts, as well as following processes to log incidents.
The course will cover a wide range of principles that will equip you with the confidence and ability to use ICT systems and tools. You will also:
- Develop your business administration skills in the form of organising and prioritising your daily tasks effectively.
- Gain an understanding of how to handle confidential information and undertake routine administration tasks.
- Develop your knowledge of good customer service including interactions with internal and external customers, customer expectation, personal presentation and team work.
- Gain confidence with interview preparation and develop your interview skills.
This course is delivered at Preston’s College Fulwood Campus, providing a mixture of practical and theory based activities. There will also be a site visit to employer premises.
The next programme will commence on 29th April until 3rd May. You are expected to attend every day from 9.15am-4:30pm. If you have completed the course with 100% attendance, you will be offered a guaranteed interview with the employer. The first stage interviews will take place on Friday 3rd May. Those who are successful at the first stage will go forward to be interviewed by the client the following week.
The role involves shift work from Monday to Friday, 7am-7pm, which is offered on a rotational basis. The salary offered is competitive from £15-18,000, dependent on previous experience. If you are interested in this opportunity please speak to your Job Centre Advisor or call 01772 22 55 22.
Due to high security protocol on the employer premises, the following conditions must be met in order for you to enrol on to the course:
- You must be born in the UK and must be able to provide a UK passport.
- You must be able to provide employment references for the last 3 years or explain any gaps.
- You must provide at least one personal reference which cannot be a partner or sibling
- You must complete a full application and provide ID prior to commencing the course.
- You must provide proof of address e.g. utility bill/council tax letter/bank statement dated within the last 3 months.