This introductory course has been developed by NEBOSH and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). This new one day qualification will teach you how non-complex incidents can be investigated effectively and how to make improvements within your organisation to avoid future incidents. The course is aimed at managers, supervisors, SHE champions, union representatives and aspiring Health & Safety Practitioners.
This course covers the following topics:
- Moral, legal and financial arguments for investigations
- Human and organisational factors that can contribute to an incident
- The process for investigating incidents
- Positive interview strategies and the barriers to successful interviews
Achieving the qualification will enable you to:
- Independently investigate simple incidents
- Gather evidence including conducting witness interviews
- Produce an action plan to prevent a recurrence of an incident
- Contribute to team investigations for large scale incidents
- Positively impact the safety culture within your organisation
This course is classroom based and you will taught by a NEBOSH approved, industry expert and will integrate you with other Health & Safety Professionals. The course will involve both theory and practical application.
You will complete a practical assessment at the end of the course incorporating the review and evaluation of evidence and interviews, culminating in the production of an action plan.
If this is your first NEBOSH Award-level qualification, you may be interested in undertaking other NEBOSH qualifications, such as NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety. If you have already completed this qualification you would be able to progress on to the NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health & Safety conversion.
You will have to register with NEBOSH, this fee is included in the overall cost of the programme. Additional resource costs will also be included.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, however it is recommended that you already have an underpinning knowledge of health and safety issues. It is desirable that you have achieved another NEBOSH qualification.