You may not realise it, but maths and English skills are essential to work and everyday life. In fact, employers believe that poor maths and English skills in the workforce have a negative
impact on business.
So as part of our mission to make you THE most employable you will develop your English and maths skills. Whatever pathway you take your study programme will include maths and English (unless you have a grade C or above). Your tutors will support you throughout and teach you how to apply what you learn into the workplace.
Top five English skills for work are:
- Complete personal details and information
- Complete time-sheets and work related documentation
- Write letters, emails, telephone messages, orders, receipts and invoices
- Talk to colleagues and customers using appropriate and polite language
- Read and understand technical information
“Half of employers bin job applications with spelling and grammatical errors.”
The top five maths skills at work are:
- Plan time effectively
- Write down number sequences accurately
- Make calculations and understand the importance of accuracy
- Use estimating skills for supplies
- Make money calculations for sales and profits