DENTAL PRACTICE MANAGER LEVEL 4

Duration: 18-21 months
Level: Level 4
Last Updated: 02-09-19

A dental practice manager is responsible for managing all non-clinical aspects within a dental practice to achieve excellent patient care, quality, cost and delivery performance in line with practice strategy, goals and values. The practice manager leads the team by providing support and direction to enhance performance, skills and knowledge of all practice staff. A practice manager may also have to meet requirements set by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).

WHAT WILL I LEARN?

This programme is delivered for 18 months, prior to the end point assessment, and includes the following competencies: human resources, patient care, clinical roles, marketing, risk management, quality assurance, finance, NHS and Private service-delivery models to meet targets, leadership skills, management skills, communication skills, ethical behaviours, professional behaviours, commercial astuteness, responsibilities, reflection, self-awareness and a caring commitment.

HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?

  • Portfolio of evdience
  • Interview
  • Project work
  • Graded assessment

WHAT CAN I DO NEXT?

This programme provides apprentices with the foundation knowledge, skills and experience for progression into a number of career paths including Practice Manager, Area Manager and Regional Manager leading to Senior Management roles. You may also wish to consider progression onto higher education or progress onto further Leadership & Management qualifications at Levels 5, 6 or 7.

IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I NEED TO KNOW?

As an apprentice, the course fee will be part funded (90%) by the government, and the remainder (10%) by your employer.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS

Candidates will need to be either in a practice manager role or in training and have a level of responsibility and autonomy. They will require mentor support within the practice to enable structured development through reflection, observation and review, as well as portfolio building leading to an end-point assessment.

RELATED COURSES