Food allergies and intolerances are an important consideration for many organisations, with many high profile allergen cases being documented in the sector. It is crucial for any individual working within the food industry to be aware of allergens and the effective steps that should be taken to manage and control any potential allergen risks.
This one day qualification is designed for experienced food handlers, Supervisors and Managers who have respsonibility for the preparation, storage and cooking of food. It is also ideal for employee inductions and professional development.
• Introduction to food allergens, allergies, intolerances and coeliac
• Symptoms of allergic reactions and how to respond
• Allergens legislation
• Food labelling requirements
• The 14 regulated allergens
• Free-from claims
• Managing allergens from purchase to service
• Providing allergen information to customers
You will be taught by an industry expert incorporating media and content-rich classroom based activities.
As part of the programme you will complete a multiple choice assessment.
Once you have completed the Food Allergen course you can progress on to the Food Safety in Catering Level 2 Award which covers:
- Food safety & hygiene hazards
- Temperature control
- Refrigeration, chilling & cold holding
- Cooking, hot holding & reheating
- Food handling; Principles of safe food Storage; cleaning; and food Premises & equipment
The course fees include training resources.
There are no formal entry requirements for the course, however you will need an appropriate level of English to study and complete this course.