14 or 35 weeks
The course is designed for students who are just starting out a career pathway within the plumbing industry and require a broad range of skills to progress into the workplace. On the Level 1 Diploma in Plumbing Studies there is a combination of practical and theoretical elements.
The course consists of assessment units which assess the competence of a candidate over a wide range of activities. There will be a high emphasis on Health and Safety and correct working methods. The Unit titles are:
- Structure of the Construction Industry
- Fundamental Safe Working Practices
- Environmental and Sustainability Measures in Domestic Dwellings
- Site Preparation or Working in the Construction Industry
- Copper Pipework, Plastic Pressure Pipework and Low Carbon Steel Pipework Fabrication
- Installation, Repair and Maintenance of Plumbing Systems
- Plumbing Science and Technology
All practical activities are carried out within our state-of-the-art workshops with theory work being a mix of classroom and project based activities. The course content is 50% practical and 50% theory.
A mix of practical assessments and written work.
This course introduces you to plumbing skills and you can progress onto higher level plumbing courses or training to become a gas engineer.
Work boots must be worn in the workshop. All other PPE will be provided for you – or they can be purchased through the College if you wish.
This course is available as a part-time evening courses and full-time day course. Please call the Advice Centre for more information.
You must show an interest in the subject. It is essential that individuals have an adequate level of English to understand the information delivered by the tutor.