Placeholder Image



Finding a suitable place to live can be a big worry whilst at college. Our Student Services department offers a range of services to support and assist your search for accommodation. The college itself does NOT provide accommodation.

We can help with:

Completing housing application forms

  • Housing Rights
  • Referrals to housing/homeless agencies

Further Information

StudentUK – The Advice and Lifestyle Site for Students
LibertyLiving – Student accommodation in Preston
Cosmopolitan Student Homes – Student accommodation in Preston
Moving On – Barnardos homlessness project
Key Online – housing support charity


We appreciate that money related problems are one of the biggest concerns for many students. We can help in a number of ways:

  • Confidential appointments with an experienced advisor
  • Information about any funding you could claim
  • Benefits information and guidance – including information about how studying will affect your income
  • Help with benefits appeals
  • Help with budgeting
  • Advocacy and representation,this may include talking to someone on your behalf or helping you with filling in a form
  • Information about Student Loans and related funding for students in Higher Education

The Learner Support Fund (LSF) can help to subsidise childcare costs for eligible learners. Eligibility for funding is dependent on household income, and the maximum weekly childcare cost fundable is £160 per child. Learners must complete a full Learner Support Fund application form and provide the evidence required to determine their level of eligibility for Childcare subsidy.

Further Information

StudentUK – The Advice and Lifestyle Site for Students
National Union of Students (NUS)- News, Advice, Discounts for Students
Advice Guide – The CAB info system online: legal, consumer and benefits advice
Student Finance – Information about financial support
Direct-Gov – Benefits Adviser and on-line benefits calculator


We appreciate that getting the right child care is a vital stepping stone to taking part in education and we can help in the following ways.

We will subsidise places in ‘The Learning Tree’, the nursery at Preston’s College, for students on low incomes.

If you are unable to take a place in ‘The Learning Tree’ or if it is full we will subsidise private childcare if it is with a registered provider.

If you want to use The Learning Tree you should contact them directly on 01772 225550. If you need help with the cost of private childcare contact Student Services for an application form and more information about the types of help that are available.