The Active IQ Level 2 Award in Instructing Kettlebells is aimed at all Level 2 and Level 3 qualified instructors and trainers. It has been developed to train candidates, who already have knowledge and skills in fitness instruction to a professionally competent level to plan and deliver safe and effective kettlebell exercises and training sessions
This qualification is designed to broaden the skills of fitness instructors to include instructing kettlebell sessions.
The course comprises of two units;
Unit 1: Planning a Kettlebell Exercise Session
- Understand the historical background of kettlebell training
- Benefits of using kettlebells
- Incorporating kettlebell lifts into a programme
- Safety considerations
- Designing a kettlebell programme
Unit 2: Instructing a Kettlebell Exercise Session
- Prepare, instruct and evaluate a kettlebell exercise session
You will be taught by experienced and qualified tutors using a mixture of practical and theory sessions.
The course consists of the following assessments;
- Worksheet and session plan
- Formative practical assessment
- Session evaluation
We have a range of other courses available on the exercise and fitness section of our website.
To do this course you must hold a recognised Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing.