P3 Medical Ltd
Type of Apprenticeship
P3 Medical have an opening for an Apprentice at their Preston site. This is a great opportunity for someone to work in the quality assurance team but also have an insight into other management roles. This will allow the candidate to learn how QA fits into the structure business and to enable them to carry out their duties to the best of their abilities.
This QA role will be ideally suited to someone who is logical and structured and takes pride in the work they carry out. A major part of the job relies heavily on the use of computer systems therefore the candidate will get the chance to develop their skills in using Microsoft Office programs, such as SharePoint and Excel, as well as the ERP system, NetSuite.
The main day to day duties you will undertake are:
- Liaising with sales, export and customers to provide documents required for registration and compliance.
- Assisting production by designing labels for products and signing off quality checks.
- Maintaining the quality management system by updating and controlling documents.
- Updating and analysing a reject tracking spreadsheet to identify trends in product faults and help implement process improvements.
- Reviewing product device history documents, signing off sterilisation release and uploading to the ERP system.
Other tasks may include:
- Assisting with investigating and resolving customer complaints.
- Participating with internal and external audits to gain a better understanding of what quality management systems and the medical device regulations are about and eventually learn how to audit independently.
- Assisting with overseas device registrations, such 510k submissions with the American FDA.
- Involvement with new product development and set up.
- Involvement with new business ventures, liaising with customers suppliers and regulatory authorities.
- Helping resolve internal issues and implement corrective actions from external audits.
- Learning the product range and manufacturing processes to have a better understanding when dealing with process improvements and product complaints.
- Occasionally assisting in other departments when required.
- Occasionally visiting the Bristol site to help with investigations, audits and other projects.
Hourly Rate: £5.20 Total Weekly Wage: £200.20
Working hours per week
- Basic understanding of IT systems such as Microsoft Office.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Confidence in dealing with people such as other members of staff and customers.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Personal Qualities Required
- Good timekeeping.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Willingness to start a career.
- Ability to adapt to new challenges.
English, Mathematics, IT GSCE grade C or above (or equivalent)
Number of Vacancies
Further training opportunities may become available in quality and production. This role could progress to become a Quality Assurance/Regulatory Affairs Assistant.Apply for this vacancy