Stonyhurst Engineering Limited
Type of Apprenticeship
Stonyhurst Engineering is looking to recruit an apprentice sheet metal worker.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Interpret and fabricate from detailed engineering drawings in 2D and 3D.
• Welding and fabrication assembly as per detailed drawings.
All fabrications produced to a high quality consistent standard to suit various requirements such as food, chemical and pharmaceutical.
• Flexible attitude towards hours outside of normal business hours. Overtime will be required from time to time.
• Ensuring high standard of housekeeping, quality and health & safety procedures.
• Professionalism in appearance and dealing with customers.
To be confirmed at interview
Working hours per week
Self motivation and punctuatlity is essential, especially during busy periods.
Read and write to a good standard.
Personal Qualities Required
Interest in engineering. We predominalty work within the material handling industry so understanding and interest in this area would be beneficial.
Customers do come to the premises so being well mannered and approachable is essential.
GCSE C and above in Maths, English & Science.
Number of Vacancies
3 – 4 years
Full time sheet metal fabricator
As with an engineering job there will be manual handling of equipment/materials throughout the working day. Some of the
materials/equipment will be heavy.
Welding in a confined space may be required from time to time but additional training would be provided for this if was required of candidate.
Travel or overnights may be required form time to time.