The Assembly Line Workers are responsible for assembling parts into finished products on the production line or via hand construction, operating machines, and maintaining the working area clean and organised.
Assembly Line Worker position should demonstrate dexterity, stamina, attention to detail, good communication skills, and most importantly a positive driven team work ethic.
The Assembly Line Worker will have a positive mindset and a real ‘can do’ mentality, with a strong working knowledge of the machinery, capability and output of the production facility and will adhere to the companies Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to maintain quality, efficiency and control across the working environment and factory setting.
Duties / Areas of Responsibility:
- Work as a part of team to achieve the production goals for the line on a daily basis
- Completes operational tasks in line with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Monitors equipment to ensure that products are assembled within specification
- Works as a part of team to ensure workstation is clean
- Cleans equipment and ensures general hygiene of their work area
- Where necessary, assembles products by hand with care
- Inspects assembled products to ensure they are up to quality standards are upheld
- Packs up completed products and prepares them for shipment
- Adheres to all safety guidelines dictation the production and handling of materials in the factory
- Ensures that all production deadlines are met, and targets achieved to the best of ability
- Reports issues or problems with production to immediate supervisor
- Possesses physical strength and stamina required to stand, walk, and lift for long periods of time
- Possesses physical dexterity necessary to assemble small and delicate product parts
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills
- Communicates clearly and precisely with colleagues and management
- All operating staff must be familiar with the company’s SOPs
- All operating staff must be familiar with the companies Health & Safety guidelines
- Hard working, looking for opportunity to extent stay at Expac and take on further
Hourly rate: £4.35
Working hours per week
39 Hours. Monday - Thursday 8:00am - 16:30pm, Friday 08:00am - 15:30pm (30 min unpaid lunch)
- Reliability & good time keeping essential
- Ability to work as part of a team
Personal Qualities Required
A positive enthusiastic attitude to work
Apprentices may be required to complete Functional Skills in Maths & English if they do not hold a GCSE Grade C or above.
Number of Vacancies
This is a work trial with possible progression on to a Manufacturing apprenticeship in September.Apply for this vacancy