The city of Preston is gearing up for a feast of festive fun which officially launches with the ever-popular ‘Christmas Concert & Lights Switch On’, from 5.45pm on Saturday 24th November at the Flag Market.
The event, sponsored by Preston’s Shankly Hotel, The Fishergate Shopping Centre and Preston’s College, will feature a packed programme of entertainment for all the family.
The event includes: children’s TV favourite Andy Day (CBeebies, BAFTA Nominated; programmes include ‘Andy’s Wild Adventures’ and ‘Andy’s Dinosaur Adventures’), Corrie’s ‘David Platt’, actor, Jack P Shepherd, (almost two-decades on Coronation Street, crowned ‘Best Soap Actor’ at British Soap Awards 2018), the original lead singer/voice of Rose Royce Gwen Dickey (Car Wash, Wishing On A Star, If It’s Love You’re After), B*Witched’s Edele Lynch (C’est la vie, Rollercoaster, Blame It On The Weatherman), The Opera Guy, Charlotte Lilly from Preston/The X Factor, soul sensation Rene and the cast of Cinderella at Preston’s Guild Hall.
Mark Whittle, from Preston BID, said: “The Christmas Concert & Lights Switch On is a huge event in the city’s calendar, it’s always one of the busiest. Every year we are blown away by the sheer number of families who come to support and enjoy the event, which officially starts Christmas in Preston. This year’s event has a little something for everyone and is set to be a great evening.
“We are delighted to be working on behalf of city centre organisations, and sponsors who fund this event, and would encourage Prestonians to shop locally over the festive period.”
Preston City Council are offering free parking in the Market Hall Car Park from 3pm on Saturday 24th November for the Christmas Concert & Lights Switch On.
In addition to free parking for the Switch On, there is free parking throughout the festive period:
Market Hall Car Park – Preston City Council Saturday 24 November (Christmas Concert & Switch On) – from 3pm
- Thursday 29th November from 5pm
- Sunday 2nd December from 3pm
- Thursday 6th December from 5pm
- Sunday 9th December from 3pm
- Thursday 13th December from 5pm
- Sunday 16th December from 3pm
- Thursday 20th December from 5pm
- Sunday 23rd December from 3pm
- Monday 24th December from 1pm
Lancashire County Council – Arthur Street Car Park
- Every Saturday and Sunday from November 24th (Switch On)
- Saturday 22nd December – Wednesday 26th December – 8am – 10pm
- Saturday 29th December – Tuesday 1st January 2019 – 8am – 10pm
University of Central Lancashire
- Free parking from 6pm – 9pm Mon – Fri from 26th November to 21st December at Fylde 2 car park (PR1 2ED)
- Free parking on Saturdays until 7pm and Sundays until 6pm at Whitendale car park (PR1 7BG)
- Free parking at Victoria 2 car park (PR1 7AY), Saturdays until 7pm and Sundays until 6pm and Christmas Eve 24th December to 2nd January until 7pm (excluding Xmas Day)
The shopping centres are also to offer complimentary parking across the period with details to be announced shortly.