This Apprenticeship provides the skills and knowledge needed to manage and lead others in a health and social care setting. Apprentices will already be, or have an aspiration to become, a supervisor or manager in a care environment. Common job types that support this apprenticeship include: Domiciliary Care Manager, Residential Care Manager, Senior Care Worker and Manager.
There are three pathways available in the Diploma, depending on your job role. These include:
- Resedential Management
- Adult Management
- Advanced Practitioner
Mandatory units across all three pathways include
- Use and develop systems that promote communication
- Promote professional development
- Champion equality, diversity and inclusion
- Develop health and safety and risk management policies procedures and practices in health and social care
- Work in partnership in health and social care or children and young people’s settings
- Undertake a research project within services for health and social care
- Understand professional management and leadership in health and social care
There are then further mandatory and optional units specific to each pathway.
You will be based with your employer throughout your apprenticeship but you will attend an am or pm taught session once per fortnight at our off-site training centre in Lytham.
You will be assessed via:
- Direct observation
- Professional discussion
- Completion of assignments
- an ePortfolio of evidence
After completing your diploma you will have the skills, confidence and knolwdge to work competently in your role and become a successful manager. Progression routes include a Foundation Degree in Health & Social Care or you can progress onto ILM qualifications at Level 6 and 7.
Your employer will need to agree to pre-arranged site visits for a minimum of two observation by a Preston’s College work based tutor.
Duration: 18 months
All apprenticeships require an initial assessment, interview and employment in the industry. There are no formal requirements for Maths and English but there is an expectation and requirement to develop the skills at Level 2 throughout the Diploma.