Students aged between 16–18 years old at the start of their course may be eligible for a free meal at college, if in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-related Jobseekers Allowance (JSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act (1999)
- The guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit) and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit (net earnings not exceeding £11,400 per annum)
If you are aged 19 and continuing on the same study programme that you started before you turned 19, or are aged 19-24 and have a current Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP), you could also be eligible.
To apply for a Free College Meal, please speak to your Student Manager or visit Student Services.