2 / 3
This Apprenticeship will provide you with all the skills required to develop in the specialist area of electrical engineering.
- Working safely and effectively in engineering
- Interpreting and using engineering information
- Mathematics for engineering technicians
- Electrical and electronic principles
- Principles and applications of electronic devices and circuits
- Features and applications of electrical machines
A combination of workshop practical activities and classroom based theory sessions.
There will be assessor visits to the workplace to observe your competency completing certain tasks. At college you will be assessed by written assignments and practical observations. The work you produce needs to meet the stringent requirements of the assessment process. You will also need to demonstrate that you have a good understanding of the theory aspects associated with fabrication and welding.
Following Level 3 you can continue with your employer with a competent skill level or progress onto Higher Education.
For workshop activities you will need to purchase suitable overalls and work boots.
*Course duration will depend on your previous qualifications and experience within the industry.
All Apprenticeships require an initial assessment, interview and employment in the industry.