Preston College is delighted to be working in partnership with Linkability, providing opportunities to work as Community Support Workers with people who have a learning disability and who may also have a physical, sensory or acquired disability or mental health support needs.
To be considered for these vacancies you will need to undertake a two week, full-time training course at Preston College, where you will be introduced to the specific role and will develop some key skills and attributes that will support your progression into employment. Upon successful completion, you will receive a guaranteed interview with Linkability for the role of Community Support Worker.
You will study a range of topics as part of this two week course and will achieve various Level 1 qualifications in Personal Health and Wellbeing, Peparing to work in Adult Social Care, Equality and Diversity, Mental Health and Employability Skills.
Benefits of working at Linkability include:
• Rotas received 6 weeks in advance
• £9.90 per hour – no lower age reductions!
• Enhancement paid for sleep in duties
• Hourly rate + 1/3 for Bank Holidays
• 28 days paid annual leave
• Mileage paid at 45p per mile to essential car users
• No requirement to work every weekend
Please be aware that whilst a driving licence/car are desirable, they are not essential for this post.
To apply click here and then:
• Select age 19+
• Select ‘Vocational Programme’
• Then select ‘Health and Social Care’
• In the next box select ‘Linkability – Sector Based Work Academy’
• Complete all of your personal details and submit the application form