Finding an Employer
To be an apprentice, you MUST have an employer.
If you’re not in a job and are looking to find an employer, here are five really easy tips to ensure you succeed…..
- Word Of Mouth: Ask your friends and/or family if they know of any local companies who are looking to hire an apprentice.
- Update Your CV: Make sure you stand out from the crowd wit the best CV possible – it’s the best way to sell yourself to an employer.
- Visit Local Employers: Visiting businesses shows you possess initiative, confidence and drive – key attributes employers look for in a potential apprentice.
- Volunteer / Work Experience: Make a lasting impression by giving a local business a helping hand – it could be your golden ticket to employment!
- Contact Preston College: Our Apprenticeship Team work with hundreds of local employers and will help to put you in touch with businesses across the region that are recruiting!
Preston’s College’s Apprenticeship Matching Service provides strong relationships with hundreds of employers across the region who are waiting to hire you!
so, whether you are a school leaver, college leaver, an adult already within employment looking to retrain and/or upskill, or you are currently unemployed – we would love to hear from you!