ESOL Registration Events
ESOL Assessments are available throughout the year. To book an appointment please call the Advice Centre on 01772 22 55 22. When you attend your appointment please bring the following:
- Your passport/residency card
- Asylum seekers to bring ALL Home Office papers along with 3 recent NASS payment receipts
- If receiving benefits please bring up to date benefit evidence
Fees & Funding:
- Fees are either £125 or £175 depending on the course offered.
- If you do not work and receive a benefit please bring your recent evidence with you as the course may be free for you. Please bring the necessary evidence when you attend one of our registration days.
- If your household income is less than £30,994 (you need to include salaries and any Child or Working Tax Credits you may receive) you may be eligible to a discount on your course fees. Please bring the necessary evidence when you attend one of our registration days.
The evidence we need is
- Wage slips for you and your partner (4 recent wage slips if paid weekly or 2 recent wage slips if paid monthly)
- Latest Child or Working Tax Credit letter
English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) & B1 preparation for people who do not speak English as their first language.
Preston’s College offers the course at 6 different levels:
- Pre-entry (for people who do not write in English)
- First Steps ( for people who do not speak in English)
- Entry 1
- Entry 2
- Entry 3 (equivalent to B1)
- Level 1
- Level 2 (equivalent to GCSE grade C and above)
You will be able to improve your speaking, listening, reading and writing as well as learn about life in the UK. You will also be able to take exams to get nationally recognised qualifications.
You can study 3 or 6 hours a week, with daytime, evenings and Saturday options. Classes run at the following places in the Preston area:
- Preston’s College, Fulwood Campus, St Vincent’s Road, PR2 8UR
- Preston North End (PNE) Learning Centre, Hollins Road, PR1 6RU
- City Business Centre, 13 Winckley Street, PR1 2AA
We have assessment events running throughout the year. For an appointment, please ring the Advice Centre on 01772 225522.
Citizenship – Secure English Language Testing (SELT)
If you are looking to apply for indefinite leave to remain/citizenship or a British passport and need help to meet the government requirement of the B1 exam, we now offer preparation and practice exams as a listed SELT Course Provider for Trinity College London, these exams are in line with the new requirements that came into place on 5 November 2015. We offer 3, 6 and 9 hour preparation classes with an SELT specialist tutor. For further information please contact our specialist advisor Asma Nakhuda on 01772 225510 or email email@example.com.
Alternatively if you are confident in your English speaking skills and would like to do the SELT exam without the preparation and practice classes, here is the link for the exam only option www.trinitySELT.co.uk
We offer a specialist full-time English course to those who need language support to access a course of choice at a later date. Enrolment for this is throughout the year and is a free* course. For more information please click here.
*terms and conditions apply
Key contacts (Bi-lingual staff)
Asma Nakhuda (Gujarati, Urdu, Hindi)
Tel: 01772 225522
Aga Penney (Polish)
Rachel Watkins (Portuguese)
Tel: 01772 225538
General information and Advice
Tel: 01772 225522